Our aim is to help our readers find the best deals on the gift cards of their choice and also to make sure that they get the maximum amount of discount possible and take advantage of the savings.
– According to a survey, almost 93% American consumers have either given or sent a gift card.
– Almost 65% of gift card holders spend an extra 38% beyond the value of the card.
– According to recent projections, the total volume of gift cards is expected to reach $160 Billion by the end of 2018.
– Did you know that $1 billion gift cards went unused in 2013 compared to $750 million in 2014?
– A recent survey shows that approximately 40% of consumers surveyed have lost a plastic gift card and prefer using a digital gift card instead.
Here’s a list of Most Popular Gift Cards By Category:
1-Restaurants Gift Card: 34.8%
2-Department Stores Gift Card: 34.4%
3-Prepaid Gift Card (Visa/Master Card/American Express/Discover Gift Card): 22.7%
4-Coffee Shop Gift Card: 20.1%
5-Entertainment Gift Card (movies, music): 17.2%
Digital Gift Card Trends
– Recent statistics show that the Digital gift card sales reached $15 billion in 2017.
– A recent survey shows approximately 56% of surveyed consumers preferred to keep gift cards stored on their smartphone. Digital Gift Cards are easily accessible and decreases the chances of it being lost.
– About 74% of 18 to 24-year-old consumers surveyed showed interested in keeping gift cards on their smartphones.